Tenth International Triennial of the Political Poster Show
Rue des Soeurs Noires, 4a
7000 Mons- BELGIQUE
Tel : 00.32(0) 65 39.98.00 - Fax : 00.32(0) 65 39.98.09
Direction : email@example.com
Secretariat : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Triennial of the Political Poster aims at comparing the best political poster designers from all countries with a view to encouraging a means of expression which is also a weapon or a testimony.
Date and place:
The tenth International Triennial of the Political Poster show will be presented from October 2007 to January 2008 at the Mundaneum, rue de Nimy, 76 in Mons.
- Poster designers whose works illustrate political events, social struggles or any social facts and who are prepared to abide by these rules may take part in the tenth Triennial. Posters concerning political pictures or theatre are also accepted.
Each artist is requested to enclose a short biography with his sending and each poster will obligatory include a small text explaining the creation context and its political impact.
- Each artist is authorized to present as many posters he wants, provided they have been designed after the 1st of October 2004.
- The selection of the posters will be made by a selection committee made up of artists, graphic artists, critics and social movement leaders. The jury will start working in January 2007.
- Each contestant covers the insurance and has to make sure that the posters reach us in excellent condition latest on the
20th of December 2006 January 15, 2007.
Posters must be carefully packed and the organizers canít be held responsible for damages resulting from transport.
Transport charges incur to poster designers or to sponsoring organizations.
Posters should have no frameworks.
Posters will become the property of the organizers and will enrich the collection of the organizers.
The artists commit to supplying a second exemplary for exhibitions.
- The organizers are entitled to reproduce the participating posters in catalogues, promotional publications as well as on internet including our websites (le manege.mons or the R.E.A.G.A) and also to show them in exhibitions or non-profit-making events aiming at advertising the Triennial, showing each time respect for the authorís intellectual copyright. Therefore, the copyright belongs to the organizers as soon as they receive the poster.
The rewarded posters as well as additional selected works will be reproduced in the catalogue of the Triennial.
- Each contestant must send the attached participation form duly filled in with his poster:
Name of the artist, first name, address, postal code, town, country and French, English or German translation of the poster text.
The organizers advise not to stick anything on the back of the posters but to number them with a pencil according to the list written on the form.
- The organizers reserve the right to withdraw the posters which would not abide by the provisions of these rules.
- Each contestant acknowledges to have taken notice from the present regulations.
One first prize of an amount of 3,720 Euro by the Communaute Francaise de Belgique.
Three other prizes will be offered respectively by the Region Wallone, the Province de Hainaut and the Ville de Mons.
The works rewarded with a prize will remain the property of the manege.mons.
The prizes will be proclaimed and distributed at the opening of this tenth Triennial.
FORMULAIRE DE PARTICIPATION
Texte des affiches
Tekst van de affiches
Text of the poster
10 eme TRIENNALE INTERNATIONALE DE LíAFFICHE POLITIQUE
Anne-Therese Verschueren/Henri Cammarata
Rue des Soeurs Noires, 4A