The 4. China International Poster Biennial (CIPB) will be held in October, 2009 at the West Lake of Hangzhou, China. This exhibition of posters chosen from throughout the world is intended to provide a review of the current state of international poster design of the 21st century.
Since 2003, CIPB have been held successfully for three times. It was attended by designers and social groups from all over the world. CIPB worked as an international communication platform in the area of graphic design and design education. At the same time, it improved the progress of international graphic design.
As a high reputation educational organization of art and design, China Academy of Art devoted great efforts to organize the CIPB in the past 6 years. Nowadays, CIPB has been recognized by Ministry of Culture of the People*s Republic of China as an official cultural communicative project, and become an important item of The West Lake EXPO in Hangzhou. As one of the best exhibitions in the field of international design, CIPB gathers the most excellent graphic designers in the world as the jury committee, for enhancing China*s and global poster design to a higher level.
1. The 4th China International Poster Biennial
2. The Master Work Show of the 4th China International Poster Biennial
3. Vertical and Horizon
- The Annalistic Documentary for the Typo of Chinese Character and Latin Alphabet
4. The 4th China International Design Forum
5. The 10th Platinum Originality Graphic Design Competition for Students
Ministry of Culture of the People's Republic of China.
2009 The West Lake EXPO in Hangzhou, China
China Academy of Art
From 26th Oct. to 3rd Nov. 2009 Hangzhou, China
ADVISER / CONSULTANT
Han Xu / Fan Guangyi
Yu Jiadi / Wu Weichen
PRESIDENT OF JURY:
The preselection Jury:
Wang Xueqing (China)
Bi Xuefeng (China)
Lu Jingren (China)
Freeman Lau (HongKong,China)
THE FINAL JURY:
Wang Xueqing (China )
Andre Baldinger (France)
Andrey Logvin (Russia)
Harmen Liemburg (Netherland)
Professional designers and design groups all around the world.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES:
June 25th, 2009
Gold Award (One piece)
Silver Award (Two pieces)
Bronze Award (Three pieces)
Jury Award (Five pieces)
English / Chinese
- All posters must be created after June 15th, 2007. All posters must be printed works of offset or silk-screen. Ink-jet or hand drawing works do not qualify.
- Size of work: no smaller than 36.4cm x 51.5cm (14.3 inches x 20.3 inches) and no larger than 120.0cm x 180.0cm (70.9 inches x 47.3 inches).
- The participants should be requested to fill in a label in block letters or type-written. A copy of the label must be fixed with adhesive tape to the lower-right corner on the reverse of each poster.
- Entry forms must be enclosed in a sealed envelope along with the posters. The participants should be requested to fill in an entry form in block letters or type-written. An illegible entry form will cause disqualification of the entry. The personal details given on the form will serve later as valuable information in the CIPB 2009 catalogue. The entry form should be signed by the participant.
- There is no limit to the amount of entries. One series work will be accounted as one.
- Each work in duplicate, but mounting is not required.
- Along with the hard copy, please send document in electronic document recorded on CD-ROM. CDs should be operated on Mac or Windows platform. File Technical Parameters: document size: 21.0cm x 29.7cm, resolution: 350dpi (CMYK images), file type: only TIFF format accepted.
- The works should be packed in a safe and practical manner to avoid any damage during transport. The organizers do not take responsibility for any damages of works in transport.
- The posters must be sent as printed matter of a non-commercial value statement. Please do not include the price of your submission on the postal declaration or invoice. The organizers will not undertake any customs clearance.
- Entries will not be returned. Judges and their family partners and their business partners can not participate in the competition.
The 4th China International Poster Biennial
BOX 18#, Xiangshan Campus of China Academy of Art
No.352 Xiangshan Zhuantang Town,
Tel: +86(571)87200266 +86(571)87200236